Dividing Property in a Tennessee Divorce
When a couple decides to end their marriage, one of their primary worries is that of the division of their property, including assets and debts. Assets can include items such as stocks and bonds, or physical items such as furniture and valuables. Another portion of property division is real estate.
There are a number of items that the divorce court will look at when settling a property division issue, including:
- Length of the marriage
- Age of each party
- Physical / mental health of each party
- Tangible / intangible contribution of each party to the education of the other
- Ability of each party for future acquisitions of assets and income
- Value of each party at the time of the marriage
- Amount of social security benefits available
- Economic circumstances of each party at time the division of property would be effective
Our Divorce Law Firm Can Fight for You
Every spouse in a Tennessee divorce is entitled to equal distribution of all marital property. Marital assets include items that you and your spouse obtained during the marriage. Calculating the value of your marital estate can be a complicated and time-consuming process depending on the specific factors of your marriage and divorce. With our Murfreesboro divorce lawyer at your side, we can help ensure that your rights are fully protected and you receive your due portion of the assets.
Protect Your Rights by Calling the Clarke Law Firm
After the divorce is finalized, it can be difficult to go back and amend the court order. You should take action from the start to make sure you are set up for success. We can determine what needs to be done based on your situation and the type of property involved.
We encourage you to call us today to discuss your case!